Skip to content

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

February 16, 2012

This Valentines Day, I spoiled my family with a delicious herb seasoned rib eye, a large veggie filled salad and these delicious Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Milk. These are so delicious!!! Our 2 year old asked for thirds, maybe it was forth’s and so did our 4 year old!

Hubby and I were a HUGE fan of this side and so happy to share it with you!!! It is simple, too!!!

The Ingredients:

3 medium sweet potatoes
3/4 – 1 cup coconut milk

The Directions:

1. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Place in a baking dish and bake at 425 degrees F until tender all the way to the center, about 1 hour.  (Alternatively, Microwave on High until tender all the way to the center, 10 to 15 minutes.)
  2. When cool enough to handle, peel off and discard skin. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a medium microwaveable bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher. Add coconut milk; stir well. Reheat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.

ENJOY!!!!

Part of: Simple Lives Thursday, Monday Mania, Make your own Monday

About these ads
8 Comments leave one →
  1. Stephanie permalink
    February 20, 2012 3:51 pm

So I really liked this up until I read the directions I was really upset that you say to microwave. Why would you microwave the food when it destroys all the nutrients, if you knew anything about eating healthy you would know not to mircowave your food.

• February 20, 2012 5:05 pm

I am sorry I wrote that backwards. I cooked my sweet potatoes in the oven. I love baking potatoes. Thank you for catching my mistake!

2. February 20, 2012 10:29 pm

I love the idea of adding coconut milk to sweet potatoes. Such a simple recipe. It really sounds like it’d be great, and I love the smooth texture in the photo!

3. February 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back later tonight when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

4. JWill permalink
    February 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Actually, microwaving does less damage to nutrients than other cooking methods:

5. March 3, 2012 10:22 pm

Ideas can be life-changing. Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea. Jim Rohn

Trackbacks