Weanies no beanies
Franks and beans… Franks and beans!!! This recipe I found over at Paleo Parents. This recipe is not in their book, Eat Like a Dinosaur, but shows the creativity these parents put into their meals!!!
In case you missed it, I am giving away one, maybe two copies of the Paleo Parents cookbook/guidebook Eat Like a Dinosaur. Find out how to win, here!
My boys really enjoyed this dish! Hubby and I even give this dish a THUMBS up!
Check out the original recipe, here. I slightly adapted the recipe. I added more sweet potatoes and hotdogs. Here is the recipe for the picture above!
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 large sweet potato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 14 oz can diced tomato
5 uncured hot dogs, sliced
water as needed
- In a large saucepan, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat
- Add onions and sweet potato and saute for 5 minutes
- Add spices and stir for 1 minute
- Add tomato paste and stir for three minutes
- Pour in tomatoes (with juices) and reduce heat to medium low
- Simmer for 20 minutes until “bean” sauce thickens and sweet potatoes are tender
If your sauce gets too thick before the sweet potatoes are cooked through, add 1/4 cup of water at a time until you achieve your desired consistency
- Add hot dog slices and heat through for 3-5 minutes
ENJOY this delicious dish by the Paleo Parents! Don’t forget to enter the Eat Like a Dinosaur giveaway, here!!! Ends Friday!